Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Economics and Finance
Location: Docklands Campus
Salary: £44,577 to £58,451 Starting salary for Lecturer is from £44,577 per annum inclusive of London Weighting, Starting salary for Senior Lecturer is from £51,030 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
Post Type: Full Time
Post Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 27 September 2023
Interview Date: Monday 02 October 2023
UEL is a vibrant and diverse university located in Stratford and Docklands. We are developing and starting to implement a new strategy, Vision 2028, to transform our curriculum and partnerships to make a positive difference to student, graduate, and community success. Our goal is to become the leading careers-focused, enterprising university in the UK, one which both prepares its students for the jobs of the future and provides the innovation to drive that future sustainably and inclusively.
About the Royal Docks School of Business and Law
This is an exciting time to join RDSBL, we are building for the future, anticipating the changes ahead in higher education and policing, developing innovative courses renowned for their high quality in both practical application and academic rigor.
RDSBL’s student body is rich in its diversity; students are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds.
and age-groups. We are committed to providing a high quality, innovative, relevant and research-led teaching experience which attracts, engages and develops students, supporting their academic achievement and professional ambitions.
About the role:
Core duties includes:
- Act as module leader, taking responsibility for allocated modules and coordinating activities, resources, and assessments.
- To teach and assess students in Economics, Financial Management, Fintech, & Data Analytics Statistics (3-8).
- Design, develop, deliver, and assess a programme of high-quality learning experiences across a range of modules and courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Develop teaching strategies, materials and assessments which are inclusive, engaging and appropriate to the student population.
- Contribute to quality teaching and related activities across a range of existing and new programmes particularly in the areas of Economics and Finance
- To supervise UG, PG and Doctoral level student work.
We look for outstanding teachers, who exude a love of teaching, who inspire and motivate both students and colleagues through their approaches to teaching, and who are strongly committed to achieving excellent outcomes for students.
To be eligible you must meet the essential criteria below:
- PhD or equivalent qualification or experience in a related subject and topic.
- Proven track record of applied research and scholarship.
- Sufficient knowledge of subject.
- Practitioner experience in the field.
- Experience of teaching/supervision of students.
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunity issues within a diverse and multicultural environment.
Here at UEL we understand it’s about more than just a salary. It’s about the entire package on offer along with our outstanding work environment and inclusive culture. We know the market rates for this vacancy and will offer a genuinely competitive salary DOE.
We care deeply about your wellbeing and our benefits includes: 20% pension (4% from you, 16% from us), 25 days holiday (plus 3 days over Christmas) plus bank holidays, hybrid working for most positions, and we’re always open to consider flexible working arrangements. We have a shared success bonus of £4,250 pa, subsidised gym membership, 3 times base salary life assurance, a cashback healthcare scheme and wide variety of other generous benefits including discounts on: Apple and Samsung products, holidays, clothing, fitness, lifestyle, dining out and weekly shopping.
UEL is an inclusive equal opportunities employer and are proud of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity achievements, including: zero gender pay gap, members of Stonewall and have won Athena Swan awards. We expect all employees of UEL to accept our EDI policy and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
CVs without a completed application form will not be accepted.
At UEL we are committed to working together to build a community which values diversity in both our staff and student populations, is representative and inclusive, enabling all to progress and thrive.