Research Support Officer, Clinical Trials
- Provide support to implement initiatives for the Faculty of Medicine and Health's strategic research priorities and post-award grant management, particularly in clinical trials
- Utilise your exceptional research support skills to provide administrative services and operational support to the Faculty to enable the developments of its research profile
- Full-time fixed term position for 3 years with a Base Salary $95,860 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 19th in the world for 2024 university rankings, moving up 22 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 25th in the world.
The new Faculty of Medicine and Health has been designed to enable innovation, excellence and strategic vision in teaching, research, and clinical practice not only in medicine and health, but in all areas in which we operate.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney has a new opening available for a Research Support Officer to work in the Clinical Trials Support Unit. This is a newly established unit within FMH supporting researchers conducting clinical trials. We are looking for someone with good communication and interaction skills and attention to detail to be able to support and network where needed either independently or under guidance.
This role will be required to travel between locations.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide support for research funding opportunities, and assist in identifying research income opportunities relevant to the Faculty's research priorities
- provide support for submissions and applications to secure funding for research, and coordinate approval processes for applications
- work with key stakeholders to ensure information about individual researchers, research groups and Faculty research strengths is publicly available and actively promoted
- provide advice on post award project activities, such as variations where required, budget commitments, and reporting requirements
- support the strategic direction of research undertaken by the faculty.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- excellent administrative skills, coupled with effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes
- superior computer skills, including database maintenance, experience with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel) together with experience operating with large, corporate-level database and information systems.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, by email to email@example.com.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 21 September 2023 11:59 PM