Continuing Professional Development Learning Specialist
Department Name: Continuing Professional Development Section- Medical and Health Sciences
The QU Health Senior CPD Learning Specialist supports the mission of QU Health and the QU Health CPD Department by developing, delivering, and quality assuring learning activities that meet the training and educational needs of target audiences. Further, this position requires expert understanding of the Department for Healthcare Professionals(DHP) CPD accreditation standards to support the activities relating to maintaining accredited CPD provider status through DHP. He/she will be responsible for the development and/or optimization of CPD activities, including constructing & guiding the process of needs assessment; writing and advising on effective learning objectives; supporting CPD developers to select and implement evidence-based learning strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with CPD developers from the QU Health Colleges and Departments to develop tools and guidance that support the delivery of evidence-based and learner-centered CPD activities.
- Work in partnership with CPD developers from the QU Health Colleges and Departments to design and deliver CPD activities that adopt evidence-based educational techniques to support learner-centeredness.
- Coordinate and support the accreditation of CPD activities offered by QU Health CPD department.
- Work with the QU Health CPD team to process the necessary accreditation documents and identify the appropriate evidence required for submission to demonstrate compliance with the DHP CPD accreditation standards.
- Work in partnership with QU Health CPD developers as focal point to advise and verify compliance with DHP accreditation standards for specific CPD activities.
- Monitor the advertising, promotion and delivery of all CPD activities offered by CPD-HP to ensure adherence to the DHP accreditation standards.
- Maintain accreditation data and files; track status of accreditation reports; develop summary documents to disseminate accreditation data as required.
- Draft and update relevant policies and procedures of the CPD-HP unit, with regular liaison with the QU Health CPD-HP Advisory Committee.
- Provide strategic oversight in the development of CPD programs, including identifying appropriate local and international collaborators and partners to work with in developing and delivering CPD content.
- Provide timely and relevant information to aid in decision-making and support presentations to QU Health CPD stakeholders.
- Assist the Section Head of QU Health CPD program with preparation for conferences and educational workshops on accreditation
- Initiate and contribute to research in the domain of CPD that investigates optimization of operations related to CPD.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Section Head of QU Health CPD program or VP office
- An earned Master degree in Health relatedprofession.
- Proficiency in English (both written andverbal) is required
- Proficiencyin Arabic is a plus
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Highest Academic Qualification.
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter.
- Teaching,research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.However, if no course work was completed,an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual air tickets for candidate and dependents according to QUHR policies.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members according to QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 30-Jun-2024