Learning Disability Specialist (Student Success)
- Provide educational services for students with learning disabilities.
- Conduct intake interviews with students.
- Evaluate eligibility for services.
- Consult with faculty and staff regarding the implementation of reasonable accommodations and services.
- Make referrals to appropriate community and University services or agencies.
- Organize and provide reasonable accommodations that include academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and services to students with physical, psychological, learning, disabilities.
- Collaborate with parents, other educators, and community resources to ensure students receive appropriate accommodations, such as assistive technology, instructional materials, or support services.
- Prepare letters of accommodation.
- Conduct follow-up meetings with students.
- Work with faculty to create individualized education plans, and implement strategies for accommodating students' learning disabilities.
- Assist Manager to evaluate and develop individualized plans to help students with learning disabilities succeed.
- Assist students with learning disabilities in acquiring necessary skills for academic success.
- Provide ongoing support to students, parents, and faculty throughout the academic year.
- Keep accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date notes/records related to students.
- Review documentation and evaluative reports.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research and practices in the field of learning disabilities.
- Collaborate with other specialists, such as speech therapists and psychologists, to address students' needs holistically.
- Support students with learning disabilities in developing self-advocacy skills.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
4. Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education administration, psychology, social work, Student Development, or a related field.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience requirement with good potential to perform assigned duties.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time