Lecturer - Nurse Practitioner
Job no: 0056346
Role type: Part-time (0.4 FTE); Fixed-term for 3 years
Faculty:Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School:School of Health Sciences
Salary: UOM 8 – $114,645 - $136,136 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% super
- Contribute to the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice – Nurse Practitioner program, shaping the future of advanced nursing practice.
- Join a values-driven team, fostering excellence in scholarship and leadership in advanced nursing practice.
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families
About the Role
This is a remarkable opportunity for an accomplished Nurse Practitioner to join the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice - Nurse Practitioner teaching team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping the future of registered nurses, preparing them for advanced nursing practice as a nurse practitioner. Joining our collaborative and values-driven team in the Department of Nursing, you will have the chance to make a significant impact on the quality of student learning, all while fostering a culture of compassion, respect, integrity, and accountability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Make a significant contribution to the delivery of the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice – Nurse Practitioner program using blended modes of delivery.
- Identification of appropriate approaches to teaching through analysis of learning needs of students.
- Contribute to and promote the development of evidence-based practice in nursing within the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice- Nurse Practitioner program.
- Widely promote the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice – Nurse Practitioner program to clinical partners and prospective students.
Who We Are Looking For
You are a candidate who demonstrates strong interpersonal teamwork and communication skills, fostering relationships with students and stakeholders. You value diversity and are committed to ethical scholarship, contributing to the discipline and teaching excellence.
You will also have:
- Registered nurse (Division 1) and endorsement as a nurse practitioner with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Current and extensive experience working as a nurse practitioner.
- Doctorate, or a Master’s degree in nursing or related health science discipline and/or progress toward the doctorate; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in tertiary education sector or with students undertaking a tertiary nursing qualification
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing at The University of Melbourne is a leading academic institution dedicated to advancing the education and practice of nursing through innovative clinical practice and practice-based research. The philosophy of nursing at The University of Melbourne is that clinical practice and practice-based research are integral to the educational preparation of all nurses at all levels of professional practice.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Tara Amini via email at Faculties-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 5 October 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 0056346_Lecturer - Nurse Practitioner_PD.pdf