Classification: ANU 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $86,960 - $100,098 + 17% Superannuation
Terms: 1 position is Continuing, Full time. 1 position is Fixed term (up to 2 years), Full time.
- Grow your career at ANU.
- A supportive work environment that will provide you with opportunities to engage with exciting projects.
- Career support, training, mentoring and upskilling opportunities.
The Residential Experience Division has two positions available for qualified accountants to deliver high quality financial management, and financial process support to ANU campus students and student residences.
The Residential Experience Division, within the Service Portfolio, delivers on ANU strategic priorities relating to on-campus student accommodation, providing different style rooms across 18 residences, for over 6,500 students. The team works closely with internal and external partners to provide a safe and welcoming environment to enable students to achieve their highest academic outcomes.
To see what the ANU Residential community is like click here
As a member of a team of high performing financial accountants and administrators our management accountant roles are integral members of the team supporting the management of our trading operations in the Division of Residential Experience. The role will have breadth and depth supporting a range of activities across budgeting, forecasting, financial monitoring, reporting and planning and operational processes.
Our ideal candidate
Will be friendly and willing to learn new processes and systems bringing high level of discipline and experience to delivering comprehensive and insightful management reporting, analysis, and advice on complex financial issues. As a strong communicator you will have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with team members within the division, across campus and within our residences.
What we offer
- A supportive work environment to guide your career development and assist you in your career progression.
- A hardworking group of financial accountant and administrative professionals in a supportive and friendly team
- Working at ANU: Our staff enjoy some amazing employee benefits including
- A beautiful campus in the center of Canberra only a short walk to the city and a variety of public transpo
- Excellent support for skills development initiatives, including training, mentoring & upskilling opportunities.
- Discounted Study with 75% off ANU courses or 25% for your spouse and children (see eligibility).
- good work/life balance and an inclusive and supportive culture
- Supportive, challenging and motivating culture
- Family friendly facilities such as on campus childcare, designated parent rooms and quiet spaces.
- Generous paid parental leave entitlements up to 32 weeks. We are one of the leading employers in Australia for parental leave entitlements.
- Excellent work life balance with full time equivalent of 7 hour work day, paid December shut-down, purchase leave, cultural leave, job-sharing, part time options, compressed working weeks, flexible times of work.
- Onsite gym facilities with staff discounts as well as oval spaces and ANU sports clubs.
- Affordable onsite parking from $34 / fortnight (salary sacrificed)
- We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all backgrounds and identities
- Supportive of staff wellbeing initiatives including additional leave, Employee Assistance Program, vaccinations, health insurance plan options.
For further information please contact Deanne Drummond, Senior Manager Residential Experience Division, P: 6125 5695 E: email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A succinct one-to-two-page expression of interest (no more than 1500 words) stating what you would bring to this role and why you would be a good fit for the role. Use the selection criteria in the position description to guide your response.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Closing at: Oct 1 2023 at 23:55 AEDT