Post Doctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories — “verticals” and “horizontals” — which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant that will join the research group to work on one main project supported by a grant from CIRA. The project aims to develop a new generation of different tactile sensing technologies that will be utilized in the manipulation of deformable objects. The RA’s work will be heavily involved in system integration along with working on visuotactile sensing in robotic manipulation applications.. Moreover, the candidate will support in experimental activities at KU Gait Labs (L01002), and maintenance of custom robotic systems available in the project.
The Research Assistant appointment is for a period of twenty-four months (June 2023 – December 2024), extendable based on research budget availability.
The Research Assistant will provide support and undertake internationally competitive research and development on industrially relevant problems, aiming to provide innovative solutions, intellectual property development and high quality peer reviewed publications, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the university.
- Capability in the modeling, design and synthesis of visoutactile sensing technologies
- Being able to write high quality technical reports and academic articles
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Post Doctoral Fellow
- Bachelors from a reputable university in Mechanical Engineering/ Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to academic outputs
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job