Post Doctoral Fellow, Computer Science
KU is seeking an outstanding Post-doctoral Fellow to work on the design and construction of a Blockchain-enabled, Multi-Regional Supply Chain Carbon Footprint Decision Support System.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Design and build a blockchain-enabled carbon accounting system capable of assessing multi-regional supply chains.
- Put the system into practice to systematically assess supply chain carbon emissions and subsequently identify carbon hotspots within supply chains.
- Develop a Cloud-based Decision Support System to help supply chain stakeholders make decision to better manage and decarbonize their supply chains.
This project advances progress in the field of technological innovation in sustainability research and practice, as it seeks to integrate blockchain technological into supply chain carbon accounting and the development of a cloud-based Decision Support System, that can help companies quantify and identify carbon hotspots and manage their supply chain carbon emissions.
As part of the project, the Post-Doctoral Fellow will have access to facilities at the Research Center for Digital Supply Chain and Operations Management (https://www.ku.ac.ae/dsom) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Design and build a blockchain carbon accounting and decision-support system.
- Deploy the developed system through practical applications
- Publish the research findings in reputable journals.
- Support graduate and undergraduate students conducting relevant research projects.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Industrial and Engineering Systems Management, Computer Science or Compute Engineering.
- Experience in developing block-chain technology applications
- Experience in programming, such as with Python
- Knowledge of sustainability research and tools such as Lifecycle Assessment, Carbon Accounting.
- A strong track record of academic publications in reputable journals.
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job