Research Engineer / Fellow (STEM) - GR2
- Develop, test and deploy autonomous vehicle simulations and practical solutions to meet project technical objectives
- Write up research findings for publication.
- Continually update knowledge and understanding in field or specialism.
- Deal with routine communication using a range of media.
- Communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature to a broad audience
- Attend and contribute to relevant project meetings.
- Use creativity to analyse and interpret research data and draw conclusions on the outcomes.
- Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues in areas of research.
- Use research resources, laboratories and workshops as appropriate.
- Plan and manage one’s own research activity in collaboration with others.
- Be aware of the risks in the work environment and their potential impact on their own work and that of others.
- Bachelor/Master degree in STEM discipline
- Doctoral degree in STEM discipline (desired)
- Specialist knowledge relevant to the broad discipline of drones and aerial robotics
- Basic competence in computer coding in Matlab, Python, C# or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to present in both written and oral publications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A publication record consistent with career stage (desired)
- Ability to assess and organise resources
- Understand equal opportunity issues as they may impact on areas of research content.
- Previous practical experience working with drones is desirable, however related experience with more general autonomous vehicle systems software and hardware, and simulation of such systems, is acceptable.
- Ability to liaise confidently and effectively with a range of individuals
- Flexible approach to dealing with research problems as they arise
- Willingness to learn and develop