Head of Campus
- As part of the university’s leadership group, provide strategic direction and operational management of the Bendigo campus
- Lead the contribution to the overall growth and development of the university in central Victoria to make a positive difference in the lives of our students, partners and communities
- Foster community and industry strategic partnerships between the University and the Bendigo and surrounding communities within the Loddon Campaspe region
- Full time, 3- or 5-year fixed term role based at La Trobe University Bendigo campus
About the role
This role calls for a proven leader to lead the operations of the Bendigo campus as an essential component of implementation of the university strategy for rural and regional Victoria in addition to the broader university strategy. The role is primarily accountable for the relationships between the Bendigo campus and its community extending across the Loddon Campaspe region, and the opportunities for the university and communities that arise from those relationships, as well as the overall management of culture and the strategic direction of the Bendigo campus.
Key duties of the role are
- Enhance the university's visibility, strengthen community ties, and facilitate better communication between the university and local stakeholders including Victorian schools, businesses, government agencies, and community organisations.
- Represent the campus within the University and contribute to University-wide strategies for the improvement of the University’s academic, research and administrative performance objectives.
- Lead local initiatives to strengthen to research culture at the campus, helping the university make a positive impact on the local community and region.
- Coordinate the administration, planning, implementation and resources of campus operations and projects
About the candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- An ability to translate the university’s strategy and campus plan into concrete actions that deliver the culture and performance that enable the university to achieve its goals
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- the ability to interact effectively and build strong relationships with senior management, staff, alumni, the professions, industry, schools and the business community.
- Ability to build teams with complementary skills and engages in succession planning
- Excellent judgement, decision making & problem solving skills
- Ability to understand budgets and report progress against operational plans
- Demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies to achieve organisational outcomes
This is an outstanding opportunity to shape the impact that La Trobe University will have across central Victoria. If you have strong experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders and delivering complex strategy then be sure to apply now.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 1st October 2023
Position Enquiries: Regional@latrobe.edu.au
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume;
- A video submission of why you are interested in applying for the position. A link will be supplied to all candidates upon completion of the application form;
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to be onsite at the La Trobe University Bendigo campus Tuesday 7th November
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.