Tenure-Track/Tenured Faculty Openings in School of Management and Engineering
I. About the School
The School of Management and Engineering (SME) is a young and vigorous school established when Nanjing University was striving for the coordinated development of arts, science, engineering and medicine. SME dates back to the university’s Institute of Management Science and Engineering, which was founded in 2001. It was then changed into the School of Management and Engineering in 2003.
Currently, SME has a doctoral degree program in management science and engineering and a master program in control science and intelligent engineering. SME’s management science and engineering has been selected into Jiangsu Province’s first-level key disciplines in 2006, and as the advantageous discipline of Jiangsu Province in 2014 and 2018. SME also offers three professional master programs in engineering management, finance and control engineering, three bachelor’s majors in industrial engineering, financial engineering and automation, and two undergraduate inter-disciplinary programs in computer science and financial engineering, industrial intelligence and systems integration. They form a complete talent training system for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students.
SME’s faculty enjoys a diverse and high-level academic background. It has a total of 50 faculty members, including 1 Chang Jiang Scholars, 1 winner of National Science Fund for Outstanding Young Scholars, 1 Chang Jiang Young Scholars and 3 winners of National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars. SME pays special attention to international cooperation and exchange and has developed partnership with Oxford University, National University of Singapore, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and other universities, and host several international joint programs, which create large academic and social international influences in related fields.
II. Description of Openings
SME at Nanjing University invites applications for new faculty positions in the disciplines of Management Science and Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, etc. A total of three positions this year including tenure-track associate professors and tenure-track assistant professors are to be recruited. The applicants from high-level talents with exceptionally outstanding records are also accepted and the positions will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. The candidates are expected to teach and research in the following (but not limited to) areas:
- Complex Project Management
- Financial Technology and Financial Engineering
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Smart Manufacturing and Smart Decision
III. Conditions for Application
The applicant should
- Abide by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China, and have a passion for teaching and research;
- Abide by the ethics of teachers, uphold academic integrity, be willing to work diligently, and have no criminal record or record in breaching the ethics of teachers and/or academic integrity;
- Have a first-rate background in academic training—specifically, a PhD in relevant disciplines, experience in studying and/or working at first-rate teaching and research institutions, and knowledge of the latest international trends and development in the relevant research field(s); In principle, tenure-track associate professors are required to have graduated with a PhD degree and engaged in teaching and research for more than 2 years;
- Have outstanding teaching abilities—the applicant should be able to teach core and frontline courses in the corresponding discipline, and have sound teaching methodology and strong verbal skills;
- Demonstrate outstanding research output and potential—the applicant should have publications in his/her field of research, original ideas about relevant fields of research, a clear vision about future research plans, and good potential for further academic development.
IV. Supporting Materials for Application
- A letter of application (please specify the field of research and position applied for);
- A detailed CV (please include a list of publications);
- An introduction of your research results and their innovative significance;
- A plan for research and its prospects;
- Three reference letters;
- An account of experience in teaching.
Please provide both Chinese and English Version of the above application materials (except for reference letters) and login to the talent recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/) to submit.
V. Compensation Package and Support
A successful applicant will be provided with:
- An annual salary (to be worked out individually);
- A start-up fund for research;
- Qualification to supervise graduate students;
- The university provides short-term lodging and housing subsidies. Applicants recruited can purchase commercial housing offered by the university at a special discount;
- The university provides assistance with children’s schooling at primary and secondary school levels.
VI. Application Deadline
Application deadline: September 27, 2023
The application period will be extended appropriately if the number of the applicants for single position is relatively small.
Expected date of announcement of application results: The end of December, 2023.
VII. Contact Details
Tel.: +86 (0)25-83597496 (Mr. Wang)
Please login to the talent recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/) to submit the application materials required.