Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS)
I. About the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS)
Since its founding in 2009, the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) in Nanjing University has been pursuing to fulfill its original vision: science-based and engineering-oriented education. We seek an optimal balance between the creation and integration of knowledge through scholarly research, entrepreneurship and innovation in translating the products of our research into practice, and the dissemination of knowledge to our students on the Nanjing University campus and beyond. Since 2019, a new 65,000 m building for research and education has been put into use to house the academic departments and research centers, embodying CEAS’s global vision and forward-looking plan. CEAS is now aimed to become a world-class college with its research and education focusing on developing cutting-edge technologies and engineering solutions to tackle major societal challenges.
In 2017, materials science and engineering in CEAS was listed as the national first-class discipline. After faculty recruitment and infrastructure expansion, CEAS is poised for significant growth and a rise to a higher standard of excellence. The college won the first prize of the National Natural Science Award once and the second prize three times. It is also a nationwide exemplary college, where internationalization is being implemented in every facet (education, research, administration, faculty recruiting/assessment, and infrastructure), and involves virtually every member of the college (administrators, faculty, staff and students). The college has established several new R&D institutions and achievement transformation platforms in Nanjing, Suzhou, Shanghai and other places. It has also formed long-term partnerships with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the University of California, Irvine, and Paris Tech, etc., and has hosted/participated in a number of international cooperation projects.
At present, CEAS faculty is composed of 94 professors/associate professors. Over the recent years, near 50 junior faculty members (including 3 non-Chinese nationals) have been recruited from world-renowned universities or institutions, primarily through national talents recruiting programs.
CEAS is seeking applicants for tenure-track associate professors and/or tenure-track assistant professors (up to 4 vacancies in total). Higher positions for particularly outstanding scholars are available and application will be considered individually. Specific fields of research open for recruitment are:
- Organic Optoelectronic Functional Materials
- Optical field manipulation
- Biomedical Energy Materials and Devices
- New Energy Storage Materials and High Energy Battery Technology
The applicant should
- abide by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China, and show enthusiasm in teaching and research;
- abide by academic ethics, uphold academic integrity,have no criminal record or record in breaching the ethics of teachers and/or academic integrity;
- have a first-rate background in academic training—specifically, a PhD in related disciplines, and knowledge of the latest international trends and development in the relevant research field(s);
- have outstanding teaching abilities: the applicant should be able to teach core and frontline courses in the corresponding discipline, and have sound teaching methodology and strong verbal skills;
- demonstrate outstanding research output and potential: the applicant should have publications in relevant research directions, original viewpoints on relevant research fields, clear ideas for future research plans, and good academic potential.
IV. Application Materials Required
- Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications);
- Three recent representative papers;
- Three reference letters and contact information;
- Research plan;
- Teaching plan.
You should fill in the application form via the link (https://table.nju.edu.cn/dtable/forms/71fe0907-ff4d-4d03-a376-92cf07936802/ ), and then apply for your target position on the recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/). The above application materials should be uploaded and submitted on this platform.
V. Compensation Package and Support
- Annual Salary: depending on qualifications;
- Start-up funding for scientific research;
- Qualification to supervise graduate students;
- The university provides short-term lodging and housing subsidies. Applicants recruited can purchase commercial housing offered by the university at a special discount;
- The university provides assistance with children’s schooling at primary and secondary school levels.
VI. Application Deadline
Application deadline: October 5, 2023 (the results are expected to be announced in December 2023)
VII. Contact Details
Tel: 86-25-89682616 (Ms. Zhong)
Please login to the talent recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/) to submit the application materials required.