Research Engineer (Raman spectroscopy and imaging)
We are looking for highly motivated candidate with experience in Raman spectroscopy and OCT imaging, fiberoptic design and fabrications to work on fiberoptic optical spectroscopy and OCT imaging as well as biomedical applications at the NUS Optical Bioimaging Lab.
The selected candidate is expected to work on the following areas:
- Fiberoptic Raman
- OCT probe design and fabrications
- Mechanical design
- Raman and OCT image acquisition
- Algorithms development and biomedical applications.
Possess a Bachelor’s or master's degree in Physical Optics/ Applied Optics/Applied Physics; Optical Engineering/instrumentation / Biomedical Engineering or related equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas is required: optical spectroscopy (e.g., Raman) and imaging; OCT imaging technique, fiber-optics design and fabrications; optoelectronics.
- Hands-on experience in fiberoptic Raman spectroscopy or OCT imaging are a must.
- Proficiency in programming using C++, Matlab, Labview is advantageous.
- Creativity and independence are highly desirable.
- Good spoken and written communications.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Interested applicant can send his/her application to (1) NUS career portal and (2) a copy of their detailed CV with three references via email to: