Research Assistant (Pharmacy)
The successful candidate will work with Dr Brandon I Morinaka on production and biological evaluation of cyclic peptides under a project on Next-generation peptides for infectious diseases.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Support safe operations and maintenance of equipment in the lab.
- Facilitate working with undergrad students when necessary.
- Assist with procurement and ordering of chemicals and consumables.
- Carry out research for new biocatalyst discovery and development including preparation of substrates (recombinant protein or chemical synthesis), enzyme assay with substrates, and characterization of products.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular biology or other related discipline.
- Biochemical techniques (protein expression and purification, SDS-PAGE, size exclusion and affinity chromatography) and/or Analytical chemistry (NMR, MS, HPLC).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team.
- Previous research experience in a chemistry or biochemistry lab.