Research Assistant, Synthetic Biology
We are seeking one highly motivated researcher to join the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme (TRP) at the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Synthetic Biology TRP seeks to repurpose synthetic biology for positive clinical impact, specifically by developing therapeutic cells against human disease, enhancing the functional living of human beings, and promoting planetary health.
Reporting to A/Prof Matthew Chang, the Research Assistant (RA) will work with an interdisciplinary research team on various applied synthetic biology projects focusing on genome, strain, and metabolic engineering. Appointments will be initially made on a 1-year contract, with the possibility of extension. Bachelor graduates with no experience are encouraged to apply.
The RA is expected to:
- Take part in one or more research projects, execute experiments, and assimilate results;
- Solve scientific problems, think independently, and suggest creative solutions.
- Assist in any other duties delegated by the Principal Investigator.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry or biotechnology;
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology, biotechnology, or biological science;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, and be detail-oriented
- Be passionate about science and self-motivated, be able to take ownership of assignments, and proactively propose solutions to arising obstacles.
Remuneration will be commensurate to the candidate's qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Suhana Sulaiman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal application: Please submit your application directly to the NUS Career Portal with a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history) and a complete list of publications/oral presentations). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13964