Research Associate, Cyber Physical Systems
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to work on cutting edge, multidisciplinary research in the area of cyber physical systems. The operational responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Conduct internationally competitive research in the area of cyber physical systems with focus on secure end-to-end software stacks for the operation of medical wearables.
- Publish research results in top tier journals and conferences.
- Generate intellectual property in the form of patent disclosures.
- Track project milestones and deliverables in coordination with the Principal Investigator.
- Interface with external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Mentor capstone projects on topics related to secure medical wearables.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure at the Khalifa University Digital Systems Laboratory and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider research team.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy a secure software stack from the wearable device to the cloud server.
- Architect and implement the software infrastructure for secure wearable data warehousing and mining.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Principal Investigator.
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields.
- Solid knowledge and skills in Software Engineering, Mobile Computing, and App Development.
- Extensive practice in the deployment and support of enterprise software solutions.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Evidence of authorship on publications in top tier journal and publications.
- Languages: C++ | Java | Python | Embedded C
- Database: Relational Database Modelling | SQL | MongoDB
- Systems: Linux | Hadoop | PySpark
- Mobile: iOS | Android | BLE
- Machine Learning: TensorFlow | Keras | PyTorch | Scikit Learn | Pandas | Seaborn | NumPy
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time