Post Doctoral Fellow
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on 3D printed polymer-derived ceramics (PDCs) reinforced with 2D nanofillers for applications in lightweight load-bearing structures exposed to extreme environments. As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the Research & Innovation Center for Graphene and 2D Materials (RIC-2D) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Fabricate polymer-derived ceramic (PDC) structures reinforced with 2D nanofillers via DLP 3D printing.
- Characterize structural, morphological and thermal properties of the 3D printed PDC structures.
- Conduct mechanical tests in line with standard protocols (monotonic and cyclic tests in tension/compression/bending).
- Convert the obtained experimental data into tangible research outputs such as graphs, tables and research papers.
- Formulate, plan and conduct research tasks in a timely manner, and in line with the project objectives and milestones.
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the procurement of lab consumables, lab management and maintenance of inventory records.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- PhD from a reputable university in Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience in writing scientific or review papers.
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers.
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University.
- Strong background and experience in synthesis and processing of ceramics- and/or polymer-based nanocomposites.
- Experience in additive manufacturing of polymers and/or polymer-based composites via stereolithography-based techniques.
- Strong background and experience in characterization of thermal, structural, morphological and mechanical properties of ceramics, polymers and composites.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral
Fellow Schedule: Regular
Job Type: Full-time