Research Associate in Engineering
We are advertising for two two-year post-doctoral positions at King’s College London, to work with Professor Osvaldo Simeone at the intersection of distributed Bayesian learning and communication networks.
The positions will be based in King’s Communications, Learning & Information Processing laboratory, at the Centre for Intelligent Information Processing Systems within the Department of Engineering. The department is located at King's Strand Campus, in the centre of London.
These are full time positions.
These positions will be offered on a fixed term contract for two years, until 30/04/26.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role, please contact Professor Osvaldo Simeone via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carry out research on decentralized Bayesian machine learning
- Write technical reports and papers
- Work with PhD students to fulfil the objectives of the project
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering
- A background in signal processing
- A background in probabilistic machine learning
- A track record of high-quality research publications in peer reviewed journals and international conferences
- Knowledge of Python
- Research independence
- A background in communication systems
- A background in information theory
Please note that this is a PhD level role but candidates who have submitted their thesis and are awaiting award of their PhDs will be considered. In these circumstances the appointment will be made at Grade 5, spine point 30 with the title of Research Assistant. Upon confirmation of the award of the PhD, the job title will become Research Associate and the salary will increase to Grade 6.