The Role and Department
Applications are invited for a Process Manager working within the Student Support and Wellbeing (SSW) Directorate. The Directorate brings together Student Support services from across the institution and incorporates the SSW functional leadership team, the Counselling and Mental Health Service, the Disability Support Service and the Student Conduct Office. The role sits within the SSW functional leadership team providing strategic leadership and oversight to the pan-University SSW services that are delivered by colleges and faculties/academic departments, ensuring that these work effectively with services within the SSW Directorate and across the University. Following the implementation of an enhanced student support delivery model, the post holder will be a key enabler in delivering a collaborative, continuous improvement approach to ensure the processes in the SSW Directorate are managed effectively, delivered consistently, regularly reviewed, improved and continue to meet stakeholder needs. They will be responsible for:
- introducing a robust process management system (including process mapping, documentation and review mechanisms)
- leading on continually improving SSW processes in a sustainable way, including the identification and coordination of improvement activity
- supporting the SSW Directorate in its goal of developing and embedding a culture of continuous improvement
- developing mechanisms to capture, prioritise and act on feedback in relation to the new student support model and SSW processes
- working collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and embed standard ways of working to support consistency in the student experience
Further information about the role and the responsibilities is at the bottom of this job description.