Research Assistant - Guo Xue Project, Kobilka Institute of Innovative Drug Discovery
Dr. Guo is an Assistant Professor of the School of Medicine at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen). She is also a principal investigator (PI) at the Kobilka Institute of Innovative Drug Discovery. Dr. Guo obtained her B.S. degree from Wuhan University and Ph.D. degree from Fudan University. During her post-doctoral training at Stanford University, she focused on a rare inherited disease, cystinosis, and received over $50k research fellowship from the Cystinosis Research Foundation. Dr Guo’s research interest centers on how disease-related proteins support normal physiology and how their malfunctions cause diseases. She approaches fundamental biological questions through a range of approaches from cell biology, biochemistry, structural biology and biophysics. Her first-authored papers have been published in Cell, Nature, and Nature Communications. Dr. Guo joined CUHK-Shenzhen in May, 2023. Her group is seeking highly motivated students and postdocs to study the interplay among membrane transport, signal transduction and human diseases.
- Actively assist postdocs and PI with experiments;
- Assist PI with research-related duties;
- Maintain lab equipment and supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education background in biology, biomedicine, or related area;
- Passion for scientific research, fast learner and high motivation to learn. Experience with molecular cloning and cell culture is preferred;
- Good communication skills and be comfortable working independently and collaboratively;
- Writing and speaking in English are preferred.
Please send your CV, a personal statement, and a list of two references to email@example.com.