Research Associate (Finance), School of Management and Economics
6 days left
- Full Time
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing research assistance to professors, including collecting data and analyzing data;
- Replicating research papers assigned by the supervisor;
- Assisting in tutorials for undergraduate courses;
- Preparation of teaching materials/classes;
- Student consultation/supervision and coordinating student academic activities;
- Undertaking other assignment assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor degree, preferably a higher degree in Finance;
- Good teaching, communication skills;
- Fluent English, both in written and spoken English;
- The ability of working independently, as well as the spirit of team work;
- Knowledge of Stata/Matlab/SAS is preferable and willingness to take up extra responsibilities;
- Qualification like CFA, FRM would be a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ, and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and at least three references by email to: email@example.com
The potential benefits of the research assistant part of this position include accessibility to faculty members who have successful experience in publishing in top-tier finance and economics journals in many fields of finance and economics and the possibility of collaborative work with the finance faculty members. All of these are highly valued by the admission committees in internationally reputable economics/finance Ph.D. programs.
See, for instance, American Economic Review, Econometrica, Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Review of Finance, just to name a few.
In academic year 21-22, members of this position received offers from reputable Ph.D. programs, such as the Ph.D. in Finance and Economics programs in UNC-Chapel Hill, U of Connecticut, NUS, SMU, NTU, HKUST, CUHK, CUHK (Shenzhen), to name a few.