Principal Research Fellow, Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems
- Full time
- 3 years fixed term contract
- Position to be based at Albury/Wodogna campus
We are seeking a highly motivated river or floodplain ecologist to contribute to a growing team of freshwater scientists working within the within the Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems at La Trobe University’s Albury-Wodonga campus. The successful applicant will have a strong track record of research as well as experience in research leadership and working with industry stakeholders to conduct applied ecological research.
About the position
CFE is located within the School of Agriculture, Biomedicine and Environment (SABE) at La Trobe University’s Albury-Wodonga campus, and combines expertise in hydrology, ecology, environmental and social sciences to undertake basic and applied research relevant to the management of aquatic ecosystems.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing, together with subsequent research experience.
- Distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Strong record of publications, including papers in top-tier and high-impact journals, conference papers, reports and/or professional and/or technical contributions in the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience in leading research teams or projects and financial management of grants for research projects.
- Significant experience in preparing research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and a strong record of securing research funding through competitive grants, industry grants or consultancies
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday October 1st 2023
Position Enquiries: Professor Nick Bond via email email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each bullet point under the Essential Criteria ‘Skills and knowledge required for the position’, which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.