Sciences Po Visiting Faculty Global Program
Sciences Po is calling for outstanding applications for visiting faculty from around the world.
In the 2024-2025 academic year, Sciences Po will open two visiting faculty positions in the social sciences or humanities, for up to a semester-long each (6-weeks minimum).
Sciences Po is an international research university, both selective and open to the world, ranking among the finest institutions in the fields of humanities and social sciences. According to the 2023 QS Rankings by discipline Sciences Po is among the top three international universities in the Politics & International Relations category and remains the leading university in the European Union in this discipline. Sciences Po stands out for combining approaches and confronting different worldviews. This tradition of diversity and multidisciplinary approach makes Sciences Po a reputed player in academic research through its scientific production, an internationally recognized teaching university and an active participant in public debate, a forum where thought meets action.
Visiting faculty within the Sciences Po Global Program receive a net monthly stipend of 4,000 euros (from which income taxes will be deducted).
Visiting faculty are expected to teach one full course (usually 12 x 2 hour sessions) over the semester. They are also expected to contribute actively to the research community they will join, and to deliver at least one academic lecture or seminar presentation during their stay.
Visiting faculty will be given access to an office space on campus, to the Sciences Po library and other University facilities, and to the research activity and events program for the relevant Department.
Applicants must be current full-time permanent faculty members of their home university. Application materials include the following documents and must be submitted in English:
- A statement of interest for the position, including research project to be undertaken at Sciences Po and specificities (ex: semester for residence)
- A proposed course to be taught in French or in English, and a two-page, session-by-session description of each course’s content, for the Undergraduate, College of Sciences Po or one of Sciences Po’s graduate schools
- A full CV, including list of publications A letter of invitation from the head of the Sciences Po research unit sponsoring the visit to Sciences Po A letter of support from the relevant head of department or dean of the applicant’s home institution confirming their agreement for this one-semester residence at Sciences Po
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Sciences Po is a bilingual university (French & English), French is therefore not required for application to this position, but one of the two languages is essential.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 15, 2023
A selection committee, with representatives from the Sciences Po Research division, Academic Affairs Division and International Affairs Division will meet in December 2023, and decisions will be communicated to applicants by Sciences Po in January 2024.
CONTACT & INFORMATION:
- Program general conditions: Mathilde Lecler, International projects manager, Office of International Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about research units: Vincent Morandi, Secretary General of the Research Division: email@example.com