Postdoctoral Research Assoc/Fellow, NUS Business School (Management and Organization)
About the role
The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for a 1-year postdoctoral research associate/fellow position in the Department of Management and Organization to ideally begin in August/September 2023. We are seeking individuals who have the ability and commitment to conduct excellent scholarly research in the areas of Organizational Behavior/Applied Psychology. We are particularly interested in candidates with research interests in the broad areas of gender and diversity in organizations, interpersonal relations, and dysfunctional workplace behaviors (such as incivility, harassment). Candidates with related research interests are also welcome to apply.
The research associate/fellow will focus primarily on conducting high-quality research for publication in top management and psychology journals and will work closely with Associate Professor Sandy Lim and her research team. This position is intended to allow promising young scholars to sharpen their research skills in preparation for a full-time faculty position in management, applied psychology, or related fields.
The research associate/fellow is expected to be physically based in Singapore for the duration of the fellowship. Relocation funding is not provided. However, we offer a competitive salary and there are no teaching obligations tied to this role. The fellowship is renewable for an additional year contingent on performance.
NUS provides a supportive environment for research. There is a strong research culture and solid research infrastructure (e.g. ample academic resources in the libraries, rigorous ethics review processes); cross-departmental collaborations and industry research collaborations are also encouraged. Faculty from NUS Business School have published in top journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Personnel Psychology, and PNAS. The Management and Organisation Department at NUS is one of the most productive and highly cited in the world.
- Design and conduct research projects that utilize different methodologies (e.g., surveys, experiments, interviews)
- Communicate research findings at conferences and research meetings
- Prepare research papers for submission to academic journals
- Manage datasets and maintain data integrity
Education and Research Experience
- PhD in psychology, management, organizational behavior, or a related field
- Applicants who are in the process of completing their PhDs should have it before they begin work
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in conducting management / psychological research
- Experience in publishing in peer-reviewed international journals
- Strong data analytical skills in quantitative research (e.g. proficiency in statistical software such as SPSS, MPlus, R, etc.) and willingness to learn and master new statistical skills independently
- Highly organized and able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, thorough, and conscientious
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email the following documents to Dr. Angeline Lim at email@example.com with the email title “Postdoctoral Research Associate/Fellow”.
Cover letter highlighting career goals and relevant experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research statement
- Reference letters (2-3)
- Sample publications (e.g. published journal articles, accepted conference papers). If the publication is multi-authored, please describe your contribution.
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Applicants
Please ensure that all the required documents are submitted. Applicants with missing documents will not be given full consideration for the position. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The position will remain open until filled.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Business
Department: Management And Organisation
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21089