Career Counselor (Career Services)
- Full Time
The Career Counselor teaches the students/alumni how to develop strategies to achieve their goals, helps them understand themselves, their personalities, interests, and work trends, as well as provides them with access to reliable resources and knowledge.
- Assist students/alumni in the development of career-life plans that include the exploration of career identity and career possibilities, the formulation of career development goals, and the development of skills and strategies for achieving career/vocational goals.
- Provide career coaching and counseling to undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni.
- Assist students/alumni through career exploration and the career decision-making process.
- Partner and form relationships with employers to match students/Alumni with career opportunities.
- Provide individual and or group career coaching and counseling.
- Determine appropriate career assessments and interventions required to assist students and alumni.
- Analyze and interpret career assessment results and incorporate in career counseling and job search coaching sessions.
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of career education and outreach and service programs.
- Develop and conduct career and job search workshops, including resume and cover letter writing, LinkedIn profile, finding an internship, job search strategies, interview skill techniques, and offer negotiations…. Etc.
- Work collaboratively with staff, faculty, students, alumni and employers to design and deliver Career Readiness Program workshops.
- Promote recruitment services and engage students, graduates and alumni in participating in employment sessions and other career events.
- Perform special projects that are closely aligned with training/coursework in academic departments.
- Lead/coordinate special projects or initiatives that provide benefits across the campus.
- May teach Career Development courses in accordance with campus policies.
- Represent Career Services at campus/community functions.
- Advise students/Alumni on available University resources and procedures.
- May engage in employer outreach and development initiatives to promote employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Represent the University/Student Affairs on external or University-wide committees.
- Take on a leadership role for projects under the supervision of a Career Services Manager.
- Maintain documentation that tracks client progress, assessments results, and goals, ensuring confidentiality.
- Provide other counseling and administrative support as required to accomplish the mission and goals of the Career Services Office
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology/Applied Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Career Guidance Education; Counselor Education or Guidance and Counseling.
- Certificate in Career Counseling/Coaching or Career Education.
- Has sufficient knowledge of various fields to guide students/alumni in their career decisions :
- Problem solving
- Keen listener and observer
- Interdisciplinary Thinking
- Career Advising & Planning
- Workshop Design & Delivery
- Project Management
- Counseling Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Expats: A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time