University Assistant Predoctoral, Psychology
50 Faculty of Life Sciences
Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1028
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful.
With this topically open call in the field of Psychology, the Vienna Doctoral School in Cognition, Behavior and Neuroscience (VDS CoBeNe) at the University of Vienna is looking for highly motivated PhD candidates with innovative ideas. The CoBeNe Psychology group leaders aim to understand what are the cognitive, emotional, social, and neural foundations of human behavior? And how do these foundations develop, interact and change across the lifespan? Which factors determine psychological well-being, and whether we develop psychological disorders? How do humans make decisions, and how can psychological science be used to better inform decisions made by individuals, as well as societies as a whole? The PhD candidates will be embedded in the VDS CoBeNe, which stands for quality assurance in PhD training and education and promotes inter- and transdisciplinary knowledge exchange. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of influence:
As a university assistant prae doc, you will take over tasks like:
- Planning and execution of empirical studies.
- Presentation of research results at national and international conferences.
- Publication of research results in international scientific journals.
- Participation in the acquisition of new research projects.
- Participation in the administration.
Your future tasks:
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You are involved in research projects and scientific studies.
- We expect you to finalize your dissertation agreement within 6-12 months.
- You work on your dissertation and its completion.
- You engage in teaching (independent and/or in a team) as defined by the collective agreement.
- You are involved in the organization of meetings, conferences, and symposiums.
This is part of your personality:
- Above average Master's degree or Diploma, preferably in psychology
- Very good ability to present and process research questions in a structured way
- Strong IT user skills (e.g., MS Office, statistics)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Publications or basic experience in scientific work and research methods
- Basic skills in scientific programming
- Knowledge of academic processes and structures
- Experience abroad (research, study, or both)
- Teaching experience
What we offer:
The employment duration is 3 years. Initially limited to 1.5 years, the employment relationship is automatically extended to 3 years if the employer does not terminate it within the first 12 months by submitting a non-extension declaration. Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade (Salary scheme).
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 p.) incl. name and email address of three references
- With your summary of a potential research project including personal insights and/or reflections. Potential supervisors should be specified in ranked order on the first page (max. 5 p.)
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates/ transcripts detailing your grades
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/15/2023