About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to work on The Center for Biotechnology to make a positive contribution to our research team. This is an exciting role in which the post holder will have the ability to work in all areas of our Genomics team to ensure operations flow efficiently across the center. The Research Associate will aid in sequencing and molecular biology techniques.
- Collection and handling of samples (blood, saliva, urine, tissue, stool and swab).
- Preparing next generation sequencing libraries.
- Check maintenance of equipment and ensure calibration.
- Conducting molecular biology assays, polymerase chain reaction and NGS.
- Product, consumable, and device ordering. Follow-up shipments. Stock management.
- To guarantee laboratory safety, maintain a clean and orderly laboratory and equipment.
- Communicating and reporting laboratory results professionally and in digital format (e.g. Excel) and attending seminars.
- Independently organize and troubleshoot practical work; provide direction and focus to research.
- Follow the ISO procedures.
- Contributes to research center or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Collaborate with members of the oncology clinic and staff of Khalifa University.
- Fosters service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental, and advisory capacity.
- Managing the project, including supervising junior colleagues, creating daily agendas, managing budgets, authoring articles and funding proposals, devising experiments, etc.
- Supports and participates in research activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Master in molecular biology, biomedical engineering or any related Science major or sufficient experience in molecular biology techniques.
- A minimum of 1-year experience is required. Candidate must be able to work independently.
- All applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation. Candidates interested in translational research and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply.
- Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 year of increasingly accountable relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time