University Assistant Predoctoral, Business, Economics and Statistics
37 Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
Startdate: 01.12.2023 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: 30.11.2027
Reference no.: 871
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You are involved in research projects and scientific studies in the area of tax law.
- You work on your dissertation and publications. We expect you to finalize your dissertation agreement within 12-18 months.
- You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
- You will supervise student papers.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed Master's degree or Diploma, in the field tax law by date of employment (excellent knowledge of Austrian or European tax law);
- Excellent command of writen and spoken German;
- First work experience including academic writing and teaching;
- Didactic competences / experience with e-learning;
- IT user skills (Microsoft OS).
- Knowledge of the learning platform Moodle;
- Very good English language skills (C1 Level);
- You should be a team player with high social skills;
- You are reliable and can work autonomously.
What we offer:
The employment duration is 4 years. Initially limited to 1.5 years, the employment relationship is automatically extended to 4 years if the employer does not terminate it within the first 12 months by submitting a non-extension declaration.
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 3277,30 (on a full-time basis) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae / letter of intent;
- Master Degree / Diploma;
- Your letter of motivation (max. 1 page);
- Certificate/transcript detailing your grades;
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 11/12/2023