Associate Research Fellow, Electrical Power Systems
- Based at our Geelong, Waurn Ponds Campus, Victoria, Australia
- Full Time and fixed term until August 2024
- Level A $74,024 - $99,512 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Research Fellow, Electrical Power Systems, will support a project jointly carried out by Deakin University and Monash University in Australia. The project is related to dynamic modelling of distributed energy resources and stability analysis of electrical power systems. The project is supported by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), Energy Queensland, and Powerlink.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct high-quality research, scholarship and creative activities generating high impact outputs, with mentorship
- Engage collaboratively to participate in novel and high-quality research or creative activities
- Support and may lead applications for funding for research and creative activities
- Build awareness of industry partners and participates in opportunities for research partnerships
- Co-supervise honours to timely outcomes with productive high-quality outcomes
- Develop early career research plan with guidance from mentors and supervisors
Key selection criteria for this role:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience
- emerging research and scholarship through publications, and/or exhibitions as appropriate to the discipline with focus in the area of power systems with inverter based resources
- ability to make a contribution to communities through research
- capacity to contribute to teaching, research and administration
- excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to make a contribution to community engagement for research
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 28th of September 2023
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent interstate travel may be required and regular travel within Victoria, including between campuses
- Working with Children Check
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Dr Ameen Gargoom, Lecturer, Electrical Electronics Engineering - email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.