Lecturer, Physiotherapy (Teaching and Research) or (Teaching Focussed)
- Full time
- Bendigo Campus
- Share your knowledge of innovative teaching methods
About the position
The La Trobe Rural Health School (LRHS) is the largest rural health school in Australia. The LRHS is based at all four regional campuses of the University: Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga. The LRHS aims to Make Rural Health and Wellbeing Matter locally, nationally and internationally through graduates and research outcomes that make a difference.
Based at the Bendigo campus, the Lecturer in Physiotherapy will contribute to a vibrant, teaching and learning community through engaging with undergraduate and postgraduate students within the Rural Allied Health department. As a lecturer in the LRHS you will deliver discipline based teaching and contribute to multi- and inter-disciplinary learning. You will be supported by a school learning and teaching community of practice and relevant central services to enhance teaching modes to provide a high-quality student experience.
Opportunities for research or scholarship of learning and teaching are supported locally by the Violet Vines Marshman Centre for Rural Health, The John Richards Centre for Rural Ageing Research, The Holsworth Research Initiative and the Holsworth Biomedical Research Initiative. Research activities broadly align with the University’s Research Themes, in particular, Healthy People, Families and Communities. Opportunities to develop research and collaborate are facilitated by a developing research culture through the annual La Trobe Rural Health School Conference, industry partnerships, along with research and industry honours programs within the undergraduate course.
Duties at this level will include:
- Develop, coordinate and teach a high-quality, evidence-based curriculum that engages students through the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions.
- Keep abreast of innovations in teaching and learning in areas such as, but not restricted to, online and blended delivery and incorporate where appropriate, to continually develop professional practice skills/knowledge and expertise.
- Participate in innovative course level curriculum design, development and review.
- Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high quality and/or high impact research as a member of a team or independently and produce conference/seminar papers and publications from that research.
- Contribute to a robust and ambitious research culture by participating in writing up research findings for publication and dissemination and contributing to funding applications.
- Contribute to knowledge transfer and to building relationships at a local level.
- Co-supervise or, where appropriate supervise Honours, Masters and PhD students as required.
Skills and Experience
- PhD degree (preferred).
- Registration as physiotherapist with extensive professional experience and completion of research studies.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching tertiary students in either University or clinical environments.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated.
- Passion for rural health and wellbeing and an understanding of rural health care needs.
- Skills and knowledge of physiotherapy assessment and treatment methods for one of the main areas in physiotherapy.
- Clear understanding of the accreditation requirements for physiotherapy and skill capabilities of an entry level physiotherapist.
Please refer to the relevant Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm, Tuesday 26th September 2023
Position Enquiries: Brett Gordon via Email: B.Gordon@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa White via Email: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Descriptions below:
Teaching and Research PD - Lecturer in Physiotherapy-Teaching and Research.pdf
Teaching Focused PD - Lecturer in Physiotherapy-Teaching Focussed.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.