Research Fellow (Plant Nanotechnology)
Postdoctoral positions (Research Fellows) are available immediately in the Lew Lab led by Assistant Professor Tedrick Thomas Salim LEW at the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The National University of Singapore is consistently ranked as the top university in Asia and among the highest ranked institutions globally.
Research in the Lew Laboratory focuses on engineering innovative nanoparticle-based technologies to efficiently deliver proteins and biomolecules for plant engineering, and to monitor plant signalling pathways non-destructively (Lew et al, Nat Plants 2020; Kwak & Lew et al, Nat Nanotech 2019). Candidates will be exposed to a rich and exciting training environment at the emerging field of plant nanotechnology.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop ultra-small fluorescent nanoparticles for plant imaging
- Investigate biotransformation of nanoparticles in plant tissues
- Perform regular plant imaging experiments using fluorescence or confocal microscopy
- Grow and maintain plants for experiments
- Work collaboratively and train junior lab members
Applicants must have:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Plant Biology or related fields.
- Published at least 1-2 publications as a first author in top international peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in fluorescent nanomaterial or biomaterial synthesis
- Experience in working with Arabidopsis or other plant species (desirable)
- Experience in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, molecular biology, bacteria culture, or biological assays (desirable)
- Strong written and spoken communication and analytical skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 21034