Research Assistant (Statistics)
We are seeking a full-time Research Assistant for ongoing projects in population aging, elderly health, and retirement finance at the LKY School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. The appointment is tenable for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.
The Research Assistant is expected to provide research support to Asst Professor Joelle Fong (https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/our-people/faculty/joelle-fong) who is the Principle Investigator for the 5-year research programme covering 2023-2027. The successful candidate should have a background in statistics and quantitative methods, be proficient in R and STATA, and have a strong willingness to learn about new topics and tools. Good written and spoken English is required.
Terms and conditions:
Possible commencement is towards September 2023. The appointment will be tenable for a period of one year with a possibility for extension. Review of applications will start till the position is filled.
Responsibilities of the full-time RA include:
- Assist with data analysis in R and STATA (and data collection/ cleaning);
- Assist with literature review and questionnaire design;
- Administrative support for research projects in the 5-year research programme;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Statistics, or Data science/analytics, or
- Quantitative economics/finance;
- Candidates with a Master’s degree are encouraged to apply;
- Previous experience in aging-related projects is preferred;
- Previous RA working experience in academic research is preferred;
- Self-motivated and have attention to detail;
- Able to commit to at least 1 year of service.
Invitation to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the following list of documents via email: email@example.com , with the subject title: “Applying for Research Assistant (Statistics) position”:
- Cover letter (stating interest, qualifications, relevant research experience, and expected salary) Please also state when you can begin work, if you are selected for the role.
- Curriculum vitae (four-page max)
- Two writing samples (e.g. essays, written reports, short articles)
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department: Research Team
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21426