Research Assistant, Department of Finance
Professors from the NUS Business School are looking for a full-time research assistant. The candidate will oversee day-to-day activities and the general management of assigned research projects in the fields of economics, finance, and accounting. The lead PI is Dimas Fazio. The Co-PIs are Jean Zeng and Arkodipta Sarkar.
These responsibilities include:
- To conduct academic literature reviews on research topics, integrate literature to propose research ideas and hypotheses, develop and implement surveys, and use statistical software to analyse observational data. Methodologies used include surveys, field experiments, regression discontinuities, difference-in-difference analyses, among others.
- Data collection in field, external databases, and online environments
- Cleaning and merging datasets (e.g., using R, Python, Stata, SPSS, and/or SAS)
- Scheduling meetings with external parties that are relevant to the research projects
- Serves as the key liaison with external parties at such meetings
- Assisting with research presentations to external parties
- Coordinating and supervising part-time research assistants to help in the responsibilities stated above
Other administrative duties include but are not limited to checking references, formatting manuscripts, preparing statistical tables and figures, looking up for research papers, administer field experiments, organizing contacts, inputting and checking data, etc.
- Demonstrated experience or training in conducting social science research;
- Mastery of word and excel;
- Knowledge of using statistical software such as R, SPSS, STATA, or SAS;
- Responsible, detail oriented, and perfection-seeking;
- Quick in learning and creative in providing solutions;
- Basic programming knowledge is a plus;
- Independent, self-starter with initiative and commitment
- Enjoys interacting with people and open to new experiences
- Must have the ability to proactively manage teams of research assistants across on multiple research activities.
- An undergraduate degree in business, economics, finance, social science, or other related fields. A master degree in relevant fields is a merit.
- A strong interest in pursuing a PhD in a social science discipline and/or conducting social science research is a plus.
The stipulated working hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm, Mondays to Fridays. Appointments will be on a term-contract of one year, and renewable when necessary. Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential, experience.
Interested applicants should submit the following in electronic form (PDF file) to email@example.com
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/applicationprocess/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf)
- Cover letter
- Full CV
Please label your email with subject: "Full-Time Research Assistant (NUS Business School)".
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.