Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Creating a brighter future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
Griffith Business School strives to prepare graduates for an ever-changing world where responsible leadership and sustainable business practices are critical. Our strong industry connections and partnerships with many high-profile organisations across the country and throughout the Asia–Pacific region to ensure our graduates are equipped to meet the demands of employers, today and in the future.
The school is home to several world-class research facilities, and we pride ourselves on producing high impact, innovative and forward-thinking research. We are in constant pursuit of producing relevant research outcomes to inform best business practices, policies, and sustainable business solutions for our future world.
About the Opportunity
The Department of Business Strategy and Innovation, is seeking applications from people to contribute to and professionally develop in this high-performing teaching and research environment.
As a Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, you will be responsible for course development and delivery (online and/or on-campus) at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The role will also contribute to the administration and management of teaching, including full course coordination and management of teaching teams, and continuous improvement of teaching materials and processes.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Learning and Teaching Practice: foster an outstanding student experience and encourage active participation and engagement in learning and teaching and strive to continuously improve your teaching practice through professional development and critical reflection informed by a range of evaluation approaches.
- Research: contribute to the advancement of knowledge through a balanced research portfolio of high-quality outputs that demonstrated impacts, including the ability to obtain research funding.
- Service and Engagement: develop meaningful and impactful partnerships with the broader community, by actively engaging and collaborating with external stakeholders as well as contribute to the enhancement of the School standing and reputation by promoting educational and research activities with external communities.
This is full time, continuing position based at the Nathan or Gold Coast campus.As Griffith is a multi-campus University, there may be a requirement for you to work across other campus locations.
To be successful within this role, you will have a PhD or have submitted your PhD Thesis in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
In addition to the above, you will demonstrate:
- The ability to foster an outstanding student experience and encourage active participation and engagement in learning and teaching across the programs.
- Knowledge and skills in teaching Logistics and Supply Chain Management subjects with ability/expertise to teach inTechnology Management and Information Systems, if required.
- A developing track record, including research interests and an ongoing research program within the Logistics and Supply Chain Management discipline, including publications in leading academic journals.
- A developing track record of industry engagement and impact of research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to working in a collegial manner contributing to a positive culture and the aspirations of the Department, School and the University.
The base salary for a Lecturer (Level B) position is in the range $105,144 - $124,862 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $123,019 - $146,089 per annum.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role specifically addressing the criteria listed in the ‘About You’ section above (please refer to the position description)
- Current curriculum vitae/resume including full contact details and the details of two supporting referees.
Please do not include copies of research papers, course documents or academic transcripts.
Visa sponsorship is possible for this appointment for candidates who do not hold valid Australian work rights.
What Griffith University Offers
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- Flexible working options and genuine work-life balance
- Salary packaging options & corporate health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
Griffith's strategic goals are to also increase the proportion of women in senior academic and administrative roles and in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Mark Loon, Head, Department of Business Strategy and Innovation on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further application and recruitment advice, please contact Ms Jinita Dhall, Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday, 22 September 2023 at 5:00 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.