Associate Lecturer, Computer Science and IT (TF)
- 3 Teaching Focused positions available
- Part-Time , Fixed-Term for 2 years
- Based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne, Bundoora campus
About the position
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in the area of data sciences, computational intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity and mobile and wireless networks and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
The Department is committed to the development and exploration of new and innovative teaching and research programs which drives opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration across the School and the University. The Computer Science discipline is also ranked highly across QS and Time Higher Education international subject ranking. Graduates of the Department are now in the faculties of universities world-wide as well as holding key positions in industry globally.
The 3 positions explore slightly different responsibilities, please see below and ensure you state which position you are applying for in your Cover Letter:
- Under the guidance of subject coordinators, teach subjects in the areas of Software Engineering, Industry Projects, providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
- Under the guidance of subject coordinators, teach subjects in the areas of Networking technologies, Industry Projects related to network technologies, network security and wireless networks, providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
- Under the guidance of subject coordinators, teach subjects such as Python programming, Object Oriented Java, managing Industry projects, providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Completion of a Bachelor’s, degree or higher in the relevant discipline with Honours (thesis component), and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Eligible and interested in enrolling for PhD in the relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in teaching and curriculum development in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, as evidenced by, for example, high results on student feedback on teaching surveys relative to their peers, or through other forms of evidence.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience.
- Ability to engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a collaborative and collegial manner.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday, 24th September 2023
Position Enquiries: Prakash Veeraraghavan, Professor and Head of Department, Computer Science and IT
Recruitment Enquiries: Jacqueline Lava, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position Description below:
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each bullet point under the Essential Criteria ‘Skills and knowledge required for the position’, which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
We’d love to stay connected! If you would like to find out more about this School, please follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/82850345
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.