Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Finance
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus or Geelong Waterfront
- Full-time and continuing
- Level B $104,619 - $123,739 or Level C $127,561 - $146,683 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata part time)
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The appointee will be actively involved in teaching and carrying out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly research. They will be engaged with the Department’s academic and professional activities, industry partnerships and professional and broader communities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering learner-centric, research-informed and innovative teaching across different levels/modes of delivery
- Participating in or lead teaching teams to develop courses and materials and to produce innovation in curriculum design
- Providing academic support to students within their units and guide students to appropriate support services
- Advancing knowledge within own field/s and build teaching and learning capability related to discipline
- Publishing in high quality journals, including leading and/or top-tier finance journals
- Participating in and/or make significant contribution to applications for and attraction of external competitive research funding
- Supporting and/or supervise HDR students
- Assisting and contribute to the implementation of local citizenship activities and the University’s strategic agenda
Key selection criteria for this role:
- PhD or near completion in a relevant discipline
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs
- Developing and/or Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications notionally and internationally
- Efforts and/or success in obtaining research funding
- Ability to make a contribution to community engagement for research and teaching
- Ability to teach FinTech is desirable.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on the 3rd of October 2023.
- Occasional interstate or overseas travel may be required and regular travel within Victoria will be required.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
- May be required to teach from other campuses in addition to home campus
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Xiangkang Yin (Head of Department, Finance) at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.