Research Fellow, Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions
The National University of Singapore is seeking a Senior/Research Fellow in the Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The centre aims to improve population health and well-being and healthcare delivery by accelerating evidence-based practice through the use of behavioural and implementation science. More information on the centre is available at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/bisi/ . Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension .
Purpose of the post
The successful hire is expected to provide assistance to the BISI Faculty in i) delivering the research projects that the Centre’s research strategy has identified as key priorities, ii) contribute to the writing and applications for competitive grants, iii) leading/mentoring junior researchers within a collaborative research team, and iv) deliver some teaching in behavioural and implementation science in both undergraduate and post-graduate settings.
The role is primarily a research-orientated one, however the post-holder will be expected to contribute teaching in areas of their expertise within the Centre’s expanding teaching curriculum in behavioural and implementation sciences.
Candidates with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply
- Implementation Science
- Behavioural or Social Sciences applied to health and healthcare
- Programme Evaluation
- Health Services or Applied Health Research
- Improvement Science
- Health Economics
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The chosen candidate will:
- Work closely with the team leads, collaborators, cross-disciplinary research teams and support staff
- Design and undertake research and provide expertise across a variety of research-related activities
- Perform systematic reviews of available evidence
- Design, planning and execution of research projects with behavioural and implementation science components;
- Analysis and interpretation of research data (qualitative; quantitative or health economics);
- Writing of research reports, peer-reviewed publications and grant applications;
- Dissemination of research proposals and findings through presentations internally and externally at scientific meetings and conferences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor junior research staff
- Deliver teaching in behavioural and implementation science in undergraduate and postgraduate settings.
The candidate should possess:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline
- Experience in undertaking or leading, as appropriate for career stage, independent research studies;
- Track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage;
- Track record of publications/presentations in international or national scientific conferences.
- Experience in a variety of quantitative methods for study design, data management, analysis and reporting including experience in epidemiology, biostatistics or health economics methods;
- Experience in research software (eg Stata, SPSS, nViVO, Treeage)
- Experience in contributing to research grant proposals will be advantageous
- Experience in delivering and facilitating courses, workshops and training;
What Being Successful in the Role Looks Like
The successful hire works closely, collaboratively and competently as part of an interdisciplinary team within BISI. He or she is excellent in writing and presentation and has exceptional grantsmanship and project management skills. He or she can perform data analysis/data visualization and willingly learns from others and shares knowledge with others. He or she fits into, supports, and builds up BISI’s open and positive work culture.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Shao Chuen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 21027