Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Electrical Power Engineering
- Build your academic networks and your career
- Access cutting-edge facilities and technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
An exciting opportunity for a researcher exists in the School of Engineering at Macquarie University. We are seeking a qualified Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join a team with an international reputation for producing high quality research outcomes in the area of electrical power engineering, smart grid, energy efficiency, renewable energy and hydrogen. The candidate will be working closely with the team under the leadership of Professor Aman Oo.
We very much look forward to hearing from applicants who have demonstrated excellence in their past research, have several of the relevant technical skills and who are keen to engage in a project that involves collaboration with academic and industry partners.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering is a young and dynamic faculty driven by the spirit of discovery. Here we nurture the next generation of science and technology innovators. From a handful of students on the University's first day, the Faculty now serves over 8,000 students across all our courses.
The School of Engineering is committed to excellence in research, learning & teaching, and industry engagement. We offer an integrated cross-disciplinary engineering program. The School currently has approximately 45 academics and 70 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students. We have a strong learning and teaching culture. We encourage a scholarly approach to learning and teaching with the integration of industry relevant skills throughout the degree program.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 59 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we've grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the selection criteria below, and attach your CV (including a list of two referees), a statement of research interests and achievements.
- A PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or a related discipline.
- A record of peer review publications and/or conference publications in electrical power engineering, and renewable energy.
- Demonstrated ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the staff of the Faculty and School and with other members of the University.
- Ability to undertake original experimental research, as evidenced by impactful and high-quality outputs.
- Ability to foster a nurturing environment for research students including the provision of research student supervision.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in the publication of research journal articles.
- Demonstrated skills in the preparation of external research funding.
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills, including the ability to work in diverse and complex environment in a multi-disciplinary team with limited supervision.
Salary package: Level A Step 6 (PhD) from $97,621 to $104,622 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term (5 years).
Enquiries: Professor Aman Oo, Dean of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org
22/09/2023 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in North Ryde
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in North Ryde
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Postdocs jobs in North Ryde
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Related jobs in North Ryde
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Associate jobs in North Ryde