Postdoctoral Research Associate in Soil Spatial Modelling
- Full time, fixed term until 9th July 2025. Located on the Camperdown Campus at the School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Exciting opportunity to help developing the first global soil monitoring system
- Base Salary, Level A $100,717 - $107,516 p.a + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Life and Environmental Sciences (SOLES) is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Soil spatial modelling to take to production a global model for assessing soil organic carbon.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work in collaboration with researchers from SIA and partner
- develop a monthly landuse product based on Landsat and MODIS imagery
- implement a pipeline to automatically generate the new landuse product
- collate a global soil profile database that meets the licence requirements of this project
- assist in the updating of our existing soil monitoring model using the new landuse product and global soil database.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PHD (or near completion) in Environmental or Agricultural Sciences, Statistics or related fields
- experience in remote sensing and satellite imagery processing
- advanced coding skills in Python
- experince with database management, version control and other industry standards
- experience in spatio-temporal modelling
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 24 September 2023 11:59 PM