Research Fellow / Engineer (Radio Link Characterization)
As part of the 5G TransLab @SIT, we are looking for research fellow or research engineer to conduct research, develop and perform Radio Access Network (RAN) and Radio Uni (RU) related performance investigations in our 5G testbed, and support in developing application-specific solutions, enabling innovative use cases in collaboration with industry partners which are tested and validated using the 5G testbed.
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
- Investigate, adopt and devise novel methodologies to measure Radio Environment Maps from PHY measurements and extraction of Channel Impulse Response and related channel sounding measurements.
- Use mobile network testing equipment to assess and evaluate 5G NR coverage in private and public network settings leading to RAN optimization and planning
- Build models based on the measurement, and integrate them into the 5G digital twin platform
- Investigate the influence of MIMO and beamforming performance as well as other RF impairments-induced effects in the radio link system which influence the overall QoS.
- Support in developing application-specific solutions and enabling innovative use cases, testing and validating at the 5G testbed
- Manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Engage and supervise students with suitable related project scope for their design projects.
- Work independently and within a team to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Competency in RF link performance analysis in general for wireless communication systems.
- Experience in RF testing and measurements with specific applications to LTE/5G NR will be an advantage.
- Strong background and knowledge of physical layer and wireless communication systems
- Knowledge in 5G NR specific signalling and channel state information parameters will be advantageous.
- Preferably Masters or Ph.D. with experience in RF link aspects of wireless communications.
- Familiar with Matlab/Simulink with related test automation skills