Research Assistant Professor in Quantum Simulation, 2D Quantum Materials
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Physics (25600)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Research Assistant Professor (RAP) in Quantum simulation, 2D quantum materials, quantum many-body entanglement in the Department of Physics (Ref.: 522309)
We now invite applications for the captioned post available in Dr. Zi Yang Meng’s group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- work on a project related to the numerical simulation with strongly correlated system
- Driving research activities towards defined goals in specified timeline
- Processing in data analysis and management
- Drafting reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- Liaising with project collaborators and partners
- a Ph.D. degree in physics, condense matter physics or theoretical physics.
- at least 2 year’s relevant working experience
- knowledge of quantum mechanics, quantum field theory and quantum Monte Carlo method
- an excellent command of written and spoken English
- good interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- the ability to work on a tight schedule to meet project deadlines
- the ability to work independently and in a team
- self-motivated and responsible
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 3 years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. They should also arrange 3 referees to send reference letters to Dr. Zi Yang Meng by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until December 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency