Full Professor of (Clinical-Psychological) Intervention Research
The University of Vienna is internationally renowned for its excellence in teaching and research, and counts more than 7,500 academics from all disciplines. This breadth of expertise offers unique opportunities to address the complex challenges of modern society, to develop comprehensive new approaches, and educate the problem-solvers of tomorrow from a multidisciplinary perspective.
At the Faculty of Psychology, the University of Vienna seeks to appoint a
Full Professor of (Clinical-psychological) Intervention Research
In case of a first time appointment to a professorship, the appointment may be initially limited – with an extension option.
The professorship covers research and teaching on the mechanisms and/or the efficacy of clinical psychological and, in particular, psychotherapeutic interventions. Complementarity with existing professorships at the Faculty of Psychology is expected. The empirical research profile should be compatible in terms of content and methodology with the thematic areas of the faculty, in particular with the thematic area "Clinical and Health Psychology".
The professorship should complement the fields of activity of the Research, Teaching and Practice Outpatient Unit of the faculty in terms of content and methodology and contribute to a comprehensive range of services. The professorship is also responsible for substantially shaping and contributing to the reorganization of the psychotherapy training at the University of Vienna.
The professorship represents the discipline in both research and teaching. The teaching load comprises 8 semester hours per week in the bachelor, master and doctoral programs.
Your academic profile:
- Doctoral degree/PhD
- Outstanding achievements in research (in particular excellent independent publication activity and reception as well as third-party funding power) with an international reputation (in each case in relation to academic age)
- Proven leadership qualities
- Experience in designing, procuring and managing research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to lead research groups
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching and supervision at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral level
- Willingness to take on organisational and administrative responsibilities within the Faculty and/or the University
- Completed psychotherapeutic training in an evidence-based therapeutic discipline (if not in Austria: with formal recognition option in Austria) as well as experience in psychotherapy training
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees.
- a dynamic research environment
- a wide range of research and teaching support services
- attractive working conditions in a city with a high quality of life
- an attractive salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff (§98 UG, level A1, to be negotiated individually) and an organisational retirement plan
- a “start-up package”, in particular for the initiation of research projects
- comprehensive relocation support
Please submit a single PDF file (LastName_FirstName.pdf) containing the following information in English via e-mail to the Dean of the Faculty of Psychology of the University of Vienna, Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Psych. Dr. Barbara, Schober (email@example.com):
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- education and training
- positions held to date
- information on activities in the field of psychotherapy training and research
- parental, family or other care leaves as applicable
- awards and honors
- commissions of trust
- previous and current cooperation partners
- list of most important acquired third-party funding as principal investigator, and, if applicable, of inventions/patents
- list of most important scientific talks (max. 10)
- teaching and mentoring
- supervision experience (Master and PhD)
- List of publications and a link to your ORCID record
- Research statement
- most important research achievements (max. 2 pages) and planned future research activities (max. 4 pages)
- synopsis of five key publications with relevance to the position advertised
- Teaching and supervision statement
- teaching and supervision concept, including a description of the previous and planned priorities in academic teaching and supervision (max. 2 pages)
Appendices to application document (in a single PDF or ZIP file named “LastName_FirstName_Appendices.pdf/zip”):
- Five key publications as electronic full text version (if not publicly available)
- Teaching evaluations (if available, compiled into a single PDF file)
- Copies of certificates of academic degrees (mandatory, compiled into a single PDF file)
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Reference no.: PSY-IF-2022
Application deadline: 18 October 2023