Research Engineer / Fellow (Wireless Communication and Networking), 5GTL
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
You will be working with a team of researchers in the Future Communications Translation Lab (FCTL) in driving innovation translation and applied research in 5G and beyond. As a research engineer/fellow in wireless communication and networking, you will be working on industrial research projects to develop novel solutions for wireless networks through innovative applications of AI and machine learning.
- Conduct cutting-edge research on AI and machine learning techniques applied to wireless communications and networks.
- Design and implement novel algorithms, models, and protocols to optimize and enhance wireless network performance.
- Compile research results into technical reports and research publications.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Mentor and guide research students and provide technical expertise and support to other team members.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Specialized in wireless communications and networking or signal processing.
- Broad understanding of various wireless communication technologies and networking concepts, such as 5G standards, 3GPP NR PHY/MAC layer design, Open Air Interface, network slicing and Open RAN.
- Experience in machine learning and AI for Wireless is highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Matlab, Python, C++ etc.