Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Medicine
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine (20600)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine (Ref.: 522494)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- join an internationally active team of researchers in the development of bioinformatics data analyses and integrative mechanistic studies in a collaborative environment
- employ computational biology, bioinformatics, proteomics, cytomics and next-generation sequencing to identify genetic and cytome biomarker
- perform data analyses in genomics, proteomics, cytomics, and next-generation sequencing
- perform other duties as assigned
- a Ph.D. degree with a strong research background in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biochemistry, Artificial Intelligence or related disciplines
- demonstrated track record of publishing academic research papers
- research experience in the field of computational biology, machine learning through advanced programming (Matlab, Python or R)
- high level of expertise in analysis of large and complex datasets
- good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- strong communication skills
- self-motivation with a hardworking attitude
- ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team
- working experience in AI based bioinformatics is preferred
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
Those who have responded to the previous advertisement (Ref.: 520307) need not re-apply.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start from August 11, 2023 and continue until October 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.