Research Assistant, Coaching Impact Study
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a research project that explores the potential of coaching in positively influencing workplace learners' academic performance and well-being. The Research Assistant will play a crucial role in project management, data collection and analysis, enabling the team to gain valuable insights and make evidence-based recommendations.
- Recruitment and management of workplace learners from SIT and NYP.
- Preparing surveys and interview materials.
- Collecting data from surveys and interviews for all workplace learners across experimental conditions.
- Scheduling and following up on coaching supervision and progress of coaching intervention with external coaches and educator-coaches, coordinated with PI/co-I.
- Managing token of appreciation for workplace learners disbursed during the project duration.
- Conducting periodic data analyses of surveys and interviews.
- Preparing reports and presenting findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., psychology, education, social sciences)
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education research
- Experience in research project management and data collection preferred
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research preferred
- Possess track record of scholarly publications/presentations preferred
- Familiarity and interest with coaching principles and methodologies is a plus
- Interpersonal skills for recruiting research participants and collecting data from them
- Ability to apply appropriate data collection and analysis techniques
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage data collection processes, multiple tasks, deadlines, and project components
- Communication and presentation skills to prepare oral and written communication of findings
- Ability to efficiently managing time to meet project milestones and deliverables
- Aptitude for analysing survey and interview data to draw meaningful insights and identify patterns