Research Engineer / Fellow, Radio Frequency and Radiated Emission Measurement
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry research project where you will be part of the research team to develop EMI/EMC related measurement methodology, integrating the test and measurement equipment, specifically related to radiated emission measurements. The project is in collaboration with an industry partner.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the research project:
- Perform EMI/EMC measurements based on relevant standards and specifications integrating the different instrumentation systems and automating the measurement process where applicable.
- Interpret and carry-out investigative data-analysis with correlation of measurement results
- Coordinate very closely with industry partner in the project execution and in the procurement, process including liaison with test and measurement equipment/services vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co- PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of Radio Frequency test and measurements.
- Specific knowledge in EMI/EMC measurements and in Radiated Emission measurements is an advantage.
- Have experience in test automation with good knowledge in Spectrum Analyzer
and (or) EMC test receivers
- Have sufficient skills in measurement data analysis to carry out correlation analysis
- Have a degree in electrical and (or) electronics engineering or other relevant fields.
- Previous experience in conducting EMI/EMC or RF measurements for any specific application will be advantageous.
- Knowledge in RF and EMC test and measurements and related instrumentation
- Programming skills needed for test automation as well as data analytical tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with people within and external to the university.
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Show strong initiative and take ownership of work
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC standards will be advantageous.