Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Real Estate and Construction (01200)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction (Ref.: 522234)
We now invite applications for the Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Real Estate and Construction. The Department enjoys a world-class reputation for its research and teaching in real estate and construction fields. Under the QS University Rankings 2023, it is ranked in the 14th position in the subject of Built Environment globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The appointee will work on a project related to Urban Entrepreneurship, Built Environment, and Land Development.
- The appointee will design equilibrium models of startup growth, housing development, and transportation planning.
- The appointee will employ advanced analytics tools (e.g. econometric models, deep learning methods, optimization approaches, and simulation algorisms) to unveil the relationship between entrepreneurs, urban planners, and land developers.
- The appointee will coordinate and process big data such as corporate transactions, street view images, and remote sensing data.
- The appoint will draft relevant articles and research proposals.
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in computer science, transportation engineering, mathematics, or economics from a leading university.
- Applicants should have research experience in mathematical modelling, econometric modelling, big data analysis, and strong programming skills.
- Applicants who have knowledge in urban economics, land economics, and innovation theories are preferred (e.g. economies of agglomeration, economies of network, entrepreneurial ecosystem theory, and real estate economics).
- Applicants should have strong enthusiasm, critical thinking, and good communication skills.
- Applicants should have outstanding track record of publications in either SSCI or SCI indexed journals.
The appointee will participate in a multidisciplinary team led by Prof. Kelvin Wong, Dr. Alex Shi, and Dr. Jintao Ke. Prof. Wong is a leading scholar in real estate economics; Dr. Shi is an Assistant Professor in urban economics in the Department of Real Estate and Construction; Dr. Ke is an Assistant Professor in transportation engineering in the Department of Civil Engineering. The appointee will have the opportunity to collaborate with scholars in Real Estate Lab to conduct relevant research (more information can be found at https://relab.hku.hk/).
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 2-year or 3-year temporary basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V., a cover letter, and a representative publication. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until October 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier. Enquiries about the post can be sent to Dr. Shi at firstname.lastname@example.org.