2. Job Purpose
The Finance Specialist is responsible for fulfilling duties in relation to the management, development, implementation and monitoring of the accounting and procurement function of the RIC-2D Center, with a focus on areas of expenditure including CAPEX procurement, project invoicing and finance reports, staff payroll and general financial management.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Center, including assistance with financial management and reconciliaton of project accounts.
- Request new account set ups and closeouts.
- Request new fund centers and accounts, track and follow up on open financial commitments.
- Provide regular reports on Center expenditure for management and progress reports. • Monitor compliance of RIC-2D budget holders / awardees with MoPA and University regulations regarding financial reporting.
- Maintain records of external financial reporting requirements for RIC-2D budget recipients
- Assist with non-financial report submissions, as necessary.
- Coordinate and manage requests for No Cost Extensions, Carryover, rebudgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award
- Ensure all requests are done in compliance with sponsor financial and procurement guidelines and University policies
- Monitor procurement and finance, ensure monthly reports are properly approved submitted on time, and properly filed and stored.
- Manage project changes, including re-budgeting, extensions, supplements and other amendments.
- Track spending & variance monitoring and follow-up
- Advise as required on major spending variances.
- Ensure data is accurately entered into relevant finance and procurment systems.
- Work with RIC-2D team to ensure effetive management of financial and procurment matters including purchase requisitions, budget reports and processing of payment requests
- Work with the Opertions Manager to solve problems, answer questions, and give guidance financial and procurement related topics on a daily basis.
- Manage coordination with support functions to support resourcing, financing, procuring and contract management for all RIC-2D activity.
- Close out all funded activity consistent with university process and timelines.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Engage with RIC-2D budget recipients regulary to ensure reporting, invoicing, and contracts are up to date and works cross deparmentally to solve any issues that may arise with sponsor requests.
- Assists with answering inquiries from the KU and RIC-2D community in relation to procurment, operational, accounting, and reporting needs.
- Interpret and analyze financial data; and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Create and maintains tracking mechanism to ensure that monthly, quarterly, annual and final progress, procurement and financial reports as well as change requests have been submitted, reviewed, and recorded in a timely fashion based on the agreed rules and regulations for RIC-2D expenditure
- Ensures that financial and procurement related correspondence with RIC-2D budget recipients and KU officials are documented within the grants management system
- Assists in development of standard procedures, contract templates, form letters, procurement requests and other guiding documents for the smooth operation of the Center and maintain the documents repository
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager and other Administrators to ensure consistency of processes and procedures across RIC-2D, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Finance or Science or relevant experience within a research/funding environment such as a research funding agency, foundation or university internal funding function.
- A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 0-1 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time