Senior / Professional Officer, Information Security
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses a centralized pool of academic staff under the Professional Officers scheme. Professional Officers come with specialised and deep technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. They form the talent pool which brings a much-needed industry perspective to student learning. They facilitate applied learning and applied research in SIT, complementing the academic expertise of the faculty to bring industry practices and applications into the curriculum. Professional Officers leverage on their industry experiences to create authentic learning environments, where discovery and innovation take place. They act as coaches and mentors to students during practical learning activities such as laboratory sessions, Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Professional Officers could also lead or work with faculty on industry innovation projects to provide solutions to the industry. In addition to their role in applied learning and applied research, Professional Officers manage the centralised laboratory facilities and resources in SIT. With Technical Officers, laboratory safety professionals, and administrators in POD, they jointly develop central policies and processes for the safe and seamless operation of laboratories in SIT.
- Design and teach labs & practice modules.
- Mentor students in Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP).
- Lead or co-lead innovation projects with industry.
- Manage labs and equipment to support academic programmes and applied research.
- A good degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computing from a recognized University. Major in Information Security or possessing a Master degree will be advantageous.
- Proven working experience as Certified Security Analyst or relevant experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Have a firm grasp of cyber security domain, as well as proficient with a range of information security tools and techniques.
- Keen interests to support research and academic project work, with demonstrated competencies to manage and employ new security technologies.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Self-starter with hand-on knowledge to implement security policies and establish layered defense for network and server systems as well as ability to perform penetration and vulnerability testing of the networks, operating systems, software applications and mobile devices.
- Demonstrate proficiency to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies and pursue professional certification programs. Industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage