Teaching Assistant in Genetics
Biological and Environmental Sciences Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature and Linguistics, Arabic Language, Mass Communication, History, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning and Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and Environmental Sciences. The College also houses Master Programs, which are M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, M.A. in Gulf Studies, M.A. in Arabic Language and Literature, M.Sc. in Materials Science and Technology, and M.Sc. in Applied Statistics. In addition to a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences and a PhD in Gulf Studies. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also, there are two established research centers namely the Center for Sustainable Development and the Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of Qatar University, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure internal and external funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding up to 600,000$ along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences is seeking a highly motivated individual who has a BSc Biological Sciences and a MSc degree in Genetics. The successful candidate is expected to excel in teaching in the practical sessions of courses related to Genetics, General Biology, and Human Biology. Successful candidates will be expected to participate in departmental committees and community services. The start date of the position is for Fall 2024.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate course laboratories in the area of expertise such as Introductory Biology, Genetics, and Cell Biology.
- Contribute to various committees within and outside of the department.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor degree in Biology and Master degree in Genetics with expertise in an animal model system from a recognized university.
- A minimum teaching experience of 3 years for M.Sc. degree holders. Teaching experience of the practical parts of General Biology, Genetics, and Cell Biology should be at a university level after receiving the highest degree.
- Proficient with educational technologies used in the higher education sector.
- Willingness to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Cover letter.
- Current Curriculum Vitae reflecting the following information:
- Years of experience after PhD
- H index
- Google scholar link
- ORCID NUMBER
- Number of publications published in Q1 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Q2 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Q3 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Q4 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Non-indexed Journals
- Number of Published Books
- Number of Published Chapter of Books
- Number of Graduate Students supervised and the role
- Statement of Tteaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Copy of the highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed).
- Any additional documentation that is relevant to the job position.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Head of Department:
Dr. Fatima Al Khayat
End Date of Advertisment